Friday 31 August 2018

Johnson announces retirement from all forms of cricket

Australia left-arm pacer Mitchell Johnson has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. The 36-year-old, who went on to play in T20 tournaments across the globe after quitting international cricket in November 2015, last played in this year's IPL for the Kolkata Knight Riders.

"It's over. I've bowled my final ball. Taken my final wicket. Today I announce my retirement from all forms of cricket," Johnson said in a column on Perth Now. "I had hoped to continue playing in various Twenty20 competitions around the world until perhaps the middle of next year. But the fact is my body is starting to shut down."

Johnson playing in the BBL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indian Football Team in AFC Asian Cup

AFC Ranking: 15 FIFA Ranking: 97 AFC Asian Cup Record Appearances: 3 (1964, 1984 & 2011) Best Finsih: 2nd (1964) Matches Played:...