Friday 23 February 2018

David Beckham

David Robert Joseph Beckham
David Robert Joseph Beckham



David Robert Joseph Beckham, is an English former professional footballer. He played for Manchester United, Preston North End, Real Madrid, Milan, LA Galaxy, Paris Saint-Germain and the England National Football Team. He was even the captain of England National Football Team. He has played a total of 834 matches scoring 146 goals.He has even won a vast majority of awards.

While Beckham was playing for Manchester United

"It changed my life. The ball seemed to be in the air for hours and it all went quiet. Then, the ball went in and it just erupted. I was on cloud nine. I just wanted to shake everybody's hand and be out on the pitch for an hour."

—Beckham on the goal from the half-way line against Wimbledon in August 1996 that made him a household name.

While Beckham was going to join LA Galaxy

Beckham became LA Galaxy captain immediately upon joining the team.

I'm coming there not to be a superstar. I'm coming there to be part of the team, to work hard and to hopefully win things. With me, it's about football. I'm coming there to make a difference. I'm coming there to play football. I'm not saying me coming over to the States is going to make soccer the biggest sport in America. That would be difficult to achieve. Baseball, basketball, American football, they've been around. But I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think I could make a difference.

Retirement

On 16 May 2013, Beckham announced that he would retire from professional football at the end of that year's French football season.

England National Football Team

Beckham made his first appearance for the England national team on 1 September 1996, in a World Cup qualifying match against Moldova.

Beckham became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in January 2005.

What managers say about Beckham

"David Beckham is Britain's finest striker of a football not because of God-given talent but because he trains with a relentless application that is gifted to him." - Sir Alex Ferguson

More about Beckham

He has done a lot of charitable work and he has also appeared in films.Beckham had more than 40 tattoos.

Quotes

Nothing amazes me anymore.

As a footballer, you always want to test yourself against the best.

The spotlight will always be on me, but it's something I'm learning to live with as the years go by.

Tom Cruise, he is a lot more famous than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indian Football Team in AFC Asian Cup

AFC Ranking: 15 FIFA Ranking: 97 AFC Asian Cup Record Appearances: 3 (1964, 1984 & 2011) Best Finsih: 2nd (1964) Matches Played:...